Banner Hospital Construction Update
Upcoming Construction Milestone Activities Banner University Medical Center Tucson:
- July 27, 2016: Crane delivery, 18 flatbed trucks will use Cherry Ave. to delivery crane boom sections and counterweights to the jobsite during daytime work hours 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- July 27 - 29, 2016: Crane erection, overall height approximately 400’, crane will be lowered to 220’ during off hours.
- August 1 - December 3, 2016: Structural steel erection.
- September 13, 2016 - February 28th 2017: Concrete deck pours, starting time will be midnight for most concrete activities.
Crane fun facts:
- The crane’s weight is 700,000 pounds when fully assembled.
- The 400’ height of the crane will exceed the overall height of the tallest building in Tucson.
- Due to the excessive weight, the crane will need to be disassembled when moving across existing onsite utility tunnels and then reassembled to complete the steel erection.
- Christmas lights will be installed on the boom of the crane with flashing strobe lights and orange checkered flag at highest point to alert helicopter providers of the obstruction.
Beginning August 1, watch the steel erection on our Webcam: https://www.workzonecam.com/projects/dprconstruction/bumct
If you have questions, pleases contact Mark Ostrand Senior Project Manager Banner Development & Constructionmark.firstname.lastname@example.org