This project is to construct a new facility for collaborative translational research that will advance understanding of the molecular basis of human health, aging and disease. This building will provide research facilities to support interdisciplinary research in many health science disciplines.
- Bioscience Research Laboratory building next to BIO5 Keating building (2017 completion date).
- 100,000-square-foot biomedical building with imaging, CLIA genetics core facility, informatics, wet lab space.
- The new building will be located along Cherry Ave., adjacent to the BIO5 Keating and MRB buildings.
Installation of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems is moving forward on all levels. The building exterior envelope work is underway and glass is being installed. The air handler installation on the roof is complete. The basement lid is receiving a waterproof coating, and soon the site hardscape and landscaping will begin.
- Construction Schedule: December 2015 - November 2017
- Project Manager: Debra Johnson
- Contractor: DPR Construction Inc
Visit the UA Planning Design & Construction project page for more information.